Friday, April 25, 2008

One More Day!

Tomorrow is Day One of the 2008 draft, and what a day it will be. Thirteen picks and almost as many holes to fill, the future of the Chiefs franchise begins now.

Consider today the last in season of failure, tomorrow the first in a season yet defined. Hope abounds in Kansas City, and until those first picks are made and Jake Long disappears from our grasp, it remains.

On a similar note, as I am graduating from my undergraduate education in about two weeks, it strikes me that unless I am picked tomorrow, I will have used my NCAA eligibility without even a single NFL scouting.

Soft Determinism people! That door is closed for sure at the end of the draft, changing the context of my decision making and limiting my free will another degree. Such is life.

No comments: