Monday, April 21, 2008

The Brigade Win, 55-53!

Every time I attend an Arena Football game, I am reminded why I sparingly attend Arena Football games. The defense is poor, the field is crowded, and the attitude is self-centered. But nevertheless, what I saw in the crowd reactions was genuine enjoyment of the whole experience.

The kick-return for a touchdown was the highlight of the first half, with the final seconds ticking away being the highlight of the second. A little tension is good for the soul, right?

It was neat seeing Kendall Gammon in the stands, I resisted the urge to the Chiefs' former long-snapper for photos or autographs. It is always nice to see cross-pollination between our NFL and AFL families. I bet at times he was wishing he could get out there and snap, especially since Colorado's special teams were living up to their name in a more "short-bus" than "elite" kind of way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God damn Crush Kicker!